Ragging Free Campus
SAINATH COLLEGE ensures "Ragging-Free" Campus with
the fullest co-operation of Students and Staff.
College campus is a place to find valuable friendship
and to cherish unforgettable moments. We here at SAINATH
strongly discourage any kind of ragging practices. Our students
welcome the freshers with flowers and seniors takes our in a cordial way. They do not believe in violence or unhealthy practices. Our faculty members impart good values with education and that is what set SAINATH apart.
What Constitutes Ragging
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
•Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
• Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
• Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
• Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
• Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
• Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
• Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
• Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
• Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Actions suggested by SAINATH COLLEGE against students indulging and abetting in Ragging
• The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents. The students who are found to be indulged in ragging should be debarred from taking admission in any institution in India.
• Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
• Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following.
o Cancellation of admission.
o Suspension from attending classes.
o Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
o Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
o Withholding results.
o Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, etc.
o Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
o Rustication from the institution.
o Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
• The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council immediately after occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
• Courts should make an effort to ensure that cases involving ragging are taken up on priority basis to send the correct message that ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be dealt with sternness.
Do not be a victim or witness, Have the pride & part of No-Ragging campus!!
Say No to Ragging!!
More Detalts Click Here :
National Antiragging Helpline:
1800-180-55-22 (Toll Free)
College's Anti Ragging Cell
Members Name Mobile No:
Dr. Deepak Saxena (Secretary) : 9752414316
Dr. Shobana Saxena (Chairperson): 9425151543
Mrs. Leena Verma (Principal): 9109109871
Mr. Fabin Jose (Vice-principal): 9109109872
Mr. Jacob George (Nursing Tutor): 9827859334
Ms. Priyanka Sonwani (Hostel Incharge): 9109109874
"When you know better you do better"
Sainath Institution, Katni